Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fill in the Blank Fridays!

This weeks blanks from Lauren is about happiness and a few other things.  Which is a nice theme because we can always benefit from taking the time to step back and reflect on the things that make us happy and unhappy in our lives.


Reflection is the first step towards change I guess - living life consciously, pro-actively seeking out the things that make us happy instead of living in a state of reactivity.  I am finding that with this move across the world, into the cold and dark, it is hard to focus on the good things and stay positive.  But I have to remember how blessed I am to have people who love and support me, a job in these tough times, and the chance to take on new professional challenges and learn new things!


Hope everyone has an excellent weekend!





1.   I feel happy when  the sun shines.  Seriously, a little sunshine can just make my heart soar these days!

2.  I get silly when I'm with my sister! We both do - I don't know how anyone puts up with us!

3.  Something that makes me sad is being far away from the people I love.  This is so, so hard right now.

4.  Something that makes me annoyed is when buses are supposed to come and then don't, and you are left standing in the cold for ages! 

5.  A time that I've been truly surprised was when my cat brought a fair sized rat into the house. Ick!!!

6.  I am so thankful for  far too many things to list here! Among them my community back in Timor, the beautiful flowers a special person sent me this week, and the fact that it's Friday!

7.  I feel loved all the time. Because I am! How lucky am I?!

3 comments:

  1. Aaaah! The great British bus system. Wait long enough + four will come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post- I'm totally with you in the sunshine thing. That's one of the things that make me look forward to be back in Madrid.
    By the way, I am new in the yoga blogword and have added you to my blogroll- hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super-loved... :) husi hau, no mos husi busa fluffy ida. Maibe sei dook, sei hadomi duni... Doben.

    ReplyDelete